Guest-blogger, Art Truck Creativity Coach, and mom, Monique Sanders, shares ideas for “MAY the 4th Be With You” celebrations guaranteed to be out of this world.
A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away… Star Wars fans started celebrating. Today, fans are celebrating new movie releases and getting ready for the galactic celebration of “MAY the 4th Be With You.” Meanwhile, here at The Art Truck, we’ve been searching the galaxy for some out of this world arts and crafts to entertain Star Wars fans of all ages.
1. “These aren’t the Droids your looking for… ” Does your youngling enjoy building robots just like Anakin Skywalker? Well, we love to Party like Robots, too, so contact us if you’d like to throw a droid-building party for your creative young Padawan.
2. Edible art is delicious. Host a DIY cupcake party and have kids make storm trooper helmets using marshmallows and food markers. Or try these adorable Star Wars Character cupcakes from Betty Crocker Website. Simple, tasty and fun! Or contact us to plan your Party like a Cupcake Chef celebration with a Star Wars theme with no stress or mess for you.
3. These pencil holders are adorable, easy to make and useful. The Chewbacca pencil holder is made out of fake fur, felt, googly eyes and a pom pom nose. R2D2 is made entirely out of felt (Blue, Black, Red, Silver and White). So simple!
4. We just love using self-adhesive art supplies during Art Truck parties. So, we’re really excited about peel-and-stick moss. It’s perfect for making this Dagobah inspired magnetic chalkboard. In addition to the moss, I attached used sticks, a wooden peg, felt and googley eyes to a small wooden magnetic chalkboard. Kids will especially love the adorable mini-Yoda.
4. While you have the peel and stick moss out you can create an Ewok frame to remember your favorite moment from your Star Wars celebration. The materials you will need are: assorted brown buttons, felt for Ewok’s hood, peel n’ stick moss, sticks, rocks, a wood frame and a glue gun to put it all together.
6. Create your own little Star Wars world in a terrarium inspired by the dessert planet of Tatooine, the forests of Endor or the frozen planet of Hoth. Upcycle glass jars and have kids find materials to fill their worlds.
7. Do you need a Costume for your Star Wars celebration? These Princess Leia and Yoda headbands are super easy to make.
8. Every Jedi needs a lightsaber. Make your own pool noodle lightsaber with a pool noodle and duct tape. Your young Padawans will love using them during their own Star Wars games.
9. These Jawa Candle Holder with light up eyes are super cute. You’ll need felt, paint, a battery candle, cooking paper and a glass votive candle holder. You can find the instructions at Big Kid Little Kid Web Site.
10. These galaxy tie-dye shirts are out of this world! Materials are simple: a black t-shirt, bleach, a spray bottle, white, purple and blue fabric paint. Just spray the bleach on the shirt and splatter with paint.
In the words of Master Yoda “Do. Or do Not. There is no Try.” We at The Art Truck hope these ideas have inspired you to do something creative during your ‘MAY THE 4th BE WITH YOU’ celebration. May the creative force be with you!