Our party just guests love using yummy toppings sprays and sprinkles to create edible cupcake sculptures. So, I thought that we’d make non-edible cupcake ornaments to decorate a tree or hang in a special place. Package these trompe-l’oeil treats in a cupcake box for a festive holiday gift. Supplies are available at Michael’s, Walmart and Hobby Lobby.
Craft time: 20 minutes
Dry time: 1 day
- Shatterproof white or cream-colored ball ornaments;
- Glitter glue pens in silver, white or gold;
- Glitter – we like to use two varieties of Martha Stewart glitter in fine and classic for extra color and dimension;
- Cupcake tins in silver, gold or red;
- Red pom-poms;
- Glue dots;
- Empty toilet paper roll;
How to Build your Cupcake Ornament:
- Place ball ornament on toilet paper roll.
- Use glitter glue pen to lightly draw a skirt around the top third of the ornament – avoid excess glue and dripping.
- Select first glitter and gently sprinkle a coating on the glue.
- Select next glitter and sprinkle a second coating to add depth and more sparkle.
- Place a pom-pom on the top.
- Take a muffin tin, open it a bit and place a glue dot in the center.
- Place ornament on the glue dot in the tin.
- Tie a ribbon through the top and hang on tree or in a window.